The Crate is an actor randomly dropped on maps by badgers if its corresponding map option is enabled. Crates can be collected with any unit. Usually they grant gifts, but occasionally they contain traps that can kill the collecting unit or shroud the map.
The bonuses that a crate may contain and the chances to get them are as follows:
- 1000$ Credits: 50/189
- +1 Rank: 40/189
- Heal All Units: 2/189
- Reveal Map: 1/189
- Create 1-5 Duplicates of Taker Unit: 10/189
- Ranger: 6/189
- Light Tank: 6/189
- APC: 6/189
- Mobile Flak: 6/189
- Artillery: 5/189
- V2 Rocket Launcher: 5/189
- Light Tank: 5/189
- Medium Tank: 4/189
- Heavy Tank: 4/189
- 3 Rifle Infantry and 2 Rocket Soldier: 10/189
- 4 Rifle Infantry, 3 Rocket Soldier, 1 Engineer, 1 Medic: 7/189
- 2 Rifle Infantry, 2 Flamethrower, 3 Rocket Soldier, 1 Engineer: 7/189
- Invulnerability for 24 seconds: 5/189
- Napalm Explosion: 5/189
- Normal Explosion: 5/189
- Reshroud Map: 5/189
Not all possibilities are always available. This increases the chance of the others to appear from the crate:
- An elite or unarmed unit can't get veterancy.
- Units are only given to factions that can normally build them and when they can build them, but the production structure requirement is ignored. For instance, Soviets will never get a medium tank, and Allies may get one when they have a service depot, whether they have a war factory or not.
- As all crate units are land units, they can't come out of water crates.